Updated March 26, 2020 at 11:15 AM
COVID-19: How will it impact retreats and summer camps?
These are unprecedented times for our communities and our churches. As we are faced with the uncertainty of the COVID-19 virus, we want to assure you that public health and safety are our highest priority. We are monitoring the situation and how it might impact events held at the camp in the upcoming days, weeks and months. We are closely following all federal, state and county regulations concerning steps to reduce the spread of the virus and are following these regulations on our premises. We are continuing to follow this situation daily so that we can make decisions in the best interest of our attendees, volunteers and staff.
Since the situation is ever-changing and new information is being discovered daily, we are staying up-to-date with the latest recommendations and best practices. As we receive new information, this page will be updated to keep you informed of the status of events at the camp.
We continue to keep our churches, campers, volunteers and your communities in our prayers during this time. Please join us in praying for how we as Christians can continue to share the Gospel through these challenging times and to share Christ's love and hope with those who need it most as they are faced with difficult situations and decisions.
Women's Retreat (March 28): Postponed
Given the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), Round Lake will be postponing the 2020 Women's Retreat as the safety of our guests is our highest priority. At present, we are working with our board, staff and volunteers to determine when to reschedule the retreat. As that information comes available, we will be updating those who are already registered with the new date as well as their options for transferring or cancelling their registrations. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work towards the best interest of our guests. For more information on the Women's Retreat, click HERE.
Spring Keenager's Retreat (April 21): Decision Pending
A final decision on the status of this retreat will be made no later than Friday, April 10. For more information, visit the Spring Keenager's Retreat HERE.
Men's Dinner (May 1): Decision Pending
A final decision on the status of this retreat will be made no later than Friday, April 17. For more information, visit the Men's Dinner HERE.
Summer Camp (June-August, 2020): As Scheduled with Flexible Tuition Deposits
At this time, we are still planning to have summer camps as previously scheduled. If anything were to change in relation to the schedule, we would update our Facebook and website in addition to notifying campers who have already registered. When an event is cancelled or rescheduled, the camp's practice is to give those already registered the option to transfer the money to another event or person within the same year, apply for a refund or to donate the money to help other children attend camp.
With the virus, however, we understand many families have found themselves in challenging situations, and many parents are either out of work or working fewer hours. It can be difficult for families to make plans for the upcoming months as the future feels so uncertain. Typically, families are required to pay 50% of camp tuition at the time of registration. Some parents may want to register their children for camp but don't feel comfortable or able to make the required 50% tuition deposit at this time. We do not want this to be a barrier to children attending camp this summer.
To offer families extra flexibility during this time, we are modifying our tuition deposit policy through Easter (April 12). We are holding spots for campers until April 13 without a deposit to offer families extra flexibility during this time.